Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Easter Egg Tree

 I happened to be at my BFF's house the other day when I saw her cute egg tree. 

I asked her...is that the one I saw at the DOLLAR STORE?

Her reply....YEP!

So...I knew I HAD to go...but I had one problem....all out of blow money...
you know the Dave Ramsey way....so....I did what any of you would do....gathered ALL the change I could find :)...yes...the cashier gave me REALLY weird looks...and maybe she laughed a little...but I HAD to have my tree and eggs :)....just admit...you would do the same :)!!!

And for $2.14 cents I walked out with...my tree!...
and....my eggs.....!!
The tree however...looked a little sad...this is where my BFF gave me inspiration...why didn't I think of that when I first saw these trees? That is why I have her right?????

I added some moss....
Put a ribbon around the pot and added the eggs and you get....

How cute is that???? I had EVERYTHING else to make it cute so this only cost me....$2.14!!!!!!

Happy Dollar Store shopping today!!!! :)
P.S. don't forget your change...hehehe

Photobucket
 
 

15 comments:

  1. Super cute and awesome. Ava & I will have to make one for mommy & me time. Inexpensive too. Which dollar store did you go to? Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so dang clever. Love this. And you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way cute!!! I will have to take a picture of mine and send it to you. I am loving them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it and ahhhhh...thanks :)

    Ashley
    www.simplydesigning.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the tree! Ir is so sweet and HPS to you~Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually bought three of these for all of my kids, so I will be dressing them up now, thanks to you!! :-) Great, simple idea...the kind I love! New follower from Bliss Images and Beyond, stop by for a visit sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute. Don't you just love the dollar store!!! ~~Sherry~~

    ReplyDelete
  8. I gave mine upgrades, if you want to take a look at http://blissimagesandbeyond.blogspot.com/2011/03/dollar-store-egg-tree-makeover.html

    Thanks for the inspiration!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That little tree keeps calling my name at the dollar store! Yours looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I grabbed those from the Dollar Tree too! I love your special touches, I think I may borrow some of your ideas. Thanks for sharing, visiting from Tip Junkie.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Abbi-

    I need to learn the ways of Sir David Ramsey. Seriously. Love.

    Your tree is STUNNING. And the fact that it was $2 made me fall just a little bit harder...

    I'd LOVE if you could share this with my readers tonight @Creative Juice Thursday. Party starts @ 7pm CST. Get your crafting shoes on. Hope to see you there...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am obsessed with the Dollar Store! And this idea is just absolute BRILLIANCE! An egg-ceptional work of art! Dave Ramsey would be so proud, too. (And I hear you about searching for loose change. I once returned a couple of cans of beans to the grocery store so that I could buy some Dollar Store happies.) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That turned out great! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  14. thanks for sharing this at creative juice last week. hope to see more projects from my garden of eden soon!

    ReplyDelete