Tuesday, December 7, 2010

From Sad to GLAD!

I know, I know,....you are probably wondering what this post is about...well it is about....ONE SAD CHRISTMAS TREE!
Doesn't it just look so sad? I mean to see the wall on the other side...yeah it is sad...

My Dear Husband and I have only been married for 5 1/2 years and we have THREE kids...

I know it is kind of funny!...So...we have had to make due...considering 3 of those years were spent in law

school...and we have only been done with school for a year!yes did you do the math...most kids came in law school:)....and no I don't know how I did it either, but I DID!

So...with that in mind I thought for sure this year we could buy a new tree....you know the BIG one...one that was fluffy with LOTS AND LOTS of branches...yep that one....well...nope....didn't happen because....I am just TOO.DARN.CHEAP!

So I came up with a better idea...I thought I would first try to take a sad looking $25 tree and make it into my big...beautiful...looks like my dreamy...christmas tree :)!

AND I TOTALLY DID!at least...I think I did...so don't tell me if I didn't...deal?!?!?!

So...this post is officially dedicated to all of us with sad christmas trees....and here is my HAPPY tree...I simple cannot wait till tonight to turn all the lights off and stare at it...
So...do you like it???

Here is how I did it...took some $4 (3-4 yards) worth of tulle...$8 worth of berries on a stick (they are only 50 cents-$2 a peice)on the more expensive ones I made 2 sticks each :)!...and $7 worth of snowflake ornaments (they are 4 for $1 at target)...$5 for the big thing on top(sorry I have no idea what it is called. I found it at Hobby Lobby if that helps)...and this is what I got...so people...for $24 I have a NEW.HAPPY.TREE!

The End:)!



Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. I love how it turned out!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure do!! Wonderful job! I admire your frugal tenacity!! It's inspirational!! Good job! Looks beautiful!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww! I love it. I'm all about working with what you got. I think you did a great job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tree is beautiful. Amazing what a little creativity can do. Great job. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful! love what you did with the garland.

    thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your tree looks great. Slim is in - and not just for us girls.

    ReplyDelete