Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A Trick to Hanging Letters


So in this new house I have HUGE walls to fill with lots of fun stuff. Well I am bored with 3 pictures in a row or one huge picture, so I got creative. I take TONS of family pictures all on my own and I would like the wall to reflect what my family is REALLY like...beautifully imperfect. Not everyone is ever looking at the camera. Someone is always touching someone else. Or the usual fits for not wanting to sit still. So this wall reflects that.
The family letters that are hanging up were so fun and easy to do. I painted them brown then mod podged paper on. Sanded the edges to get the paper flush with the sides. Then to hang them I glued the nail heads on the back and hung the letter. YES, I GLUED the nail heads on the letters then I could actually get them somewhat straight. You should try it. It was fun!!

1 comment:

  1. That is so cute. I love that you are having so much fun decorating your new house. I would love an invite to your family blog. It was always fun to see what you guys were up to. Simplesayings@gmail.com
    Thanks,
    Amber

    ReplyDelete